Dear Friends and Family,
I have decided that it’s time to take the next step toward my passion. For the last 14 years I have been seeking and learning about how to better my health. But most importantly, over the last 6 years I have fervently applied much of what I have learned and have seen major (and minor) health improvements. Here is a list of some health improvements I have experienced:
- My eyesight has improved a great deal and my ophthalmologist (of 8+ years) recognizes the improvements…it’s documented in her files.
- My brain fog that was so overwhelming that caused me to limit my children’s activities has been resolved
- Fatigue and body aches (such as knee joint pain and neck pain) have been replaced with energy
- I was a true hay fever sufferer and then I noticed I was experiencing Spring time allergies too. Seasonal allergies are NO MORE (gone for at least 4 years). In fact, I haven’t even experienced any type of cold or flu symptoms and I used to run low grade fevers consistently!
- Consistent stomach bloating which was very painful and uncomfortable has been greatly diminished. In October gastroenterologist diagnosed me with gastritis. (This is what I have been currently working on for the last 6 months and I believe that I just about have this one tackled too.)
I have come to know, through experience and without doubt, that all of these symptoms I was experiencing were a result of the condition of my digestive system. The food I choose to eat has a direct effect on my digestive system – therefore NUTRITION plays a huge role in our health. Graciously, along this journey, God has taught me other things too. Other things such as the importance of my relationship with Him and how I can put faith into practice by making changes in my lifestyle that honor Him and the body which He has given me.
So, here is my next step. I have decided to become certified in the field of Natural Health and Wellness and I am beginning by enrolling in the core course titled "Certified Health Specialist" program at the Trinity School of Natural Health. I have been considering this school for at least 4 years and now it’s just time to take the first step.
Not only will this be my first step in gaining certifications, but this will also be my first step in sharing and in ministering with others about how to incorporate real, healthy foods into their diets.
I would like to share all that I have learned with you, your family and friends about whole foods. I would like to do this by providing hands-on classes on topics such as making cultured vegetables (real food probiotics), making bone broths (excellent for healing digestive issues), creating smoothies, juicing, wraps, salads and dressings, homemade crackers, breads and desserts (all of which can be created as gluten free and even grain free if necessary) and making healthier food choices. I can also teach you what I’ve learned about homemade, non-toxic cleaning products.
These classes can be for just one person or a group or I can even come cook a full meal for you at your home.
I will be offering these classes as practice for me and a way to minister to you. Also, I would love your feedback if we have a class together.
I look forward to sharing my journey with you and I pray you will gain knowledge that will help you make a step towards improving your diet and improving your health. If you have any questions or would like to schedule a time of fellowship and learning more, just contact me.