yet. Outside I have some basil and parsley
So I decided to put more effort into preserving them while in the refrigerator. As soon as I brought my parsley and cilantro home I started the preservation process. Here are the steps:
- Rinse them lightly and blotted dry with a paper towel and remove any brown wilted leaves
- Fill a glass jar with an inch of water (use glass so that you can easily see when it's time to change the water)
- Place the herbs still bound by a tie or a rubber band into the jar
- Cover lightly with the plastic bag that you possibly brought them home in
- Every couple of days when the water seems cloudy, change the water and remove any new brown wilted leaves
When ready to use, remove a few and clean with fresh water. Some herbs will last well past two weeks.